Monday, December 17, 2007

Terrelle Pryor Update and more...

I just got off the phone with my contacts in Ann Arbor and he gave me his thoughts on the new hire and Michigan's chances at Terrelle Pryor.

My unnamed source at TheWolverine.com first told me that there is more energy around the Michigan program in one day under Rich Rod than in the past five years combined. This is not shocking.

First things first, Terrelle Pryor has officially added Michigan to his list of schools. And they move right to the top. My contact tells me that the % chance Terrelle Pryor goes to Michigan is at 50%. West Virginia, Tennessee and Texas have all bit the dust in the last few weeks. Florida is on its death bed. That leaves Michigan, Ohio St and Oregon.

So, hypothetically, if Pryor goes to Michigan that raises intersting questions about the current depth chart. Pryor has told Michigan that he does not have to play right away. Redshirting is an option or use him like Florida used Timmy Teabags when he was behind Chris Leak on the depth chart: get some time under center in special circumstances.

So this leaves me with one burning question. What happens to Ryan Mallet? Well, apparently he is a jerk. That is a quote that has been cleaned up for children. Will he transfer? Will he stick it out? What about Ga. Tech transfer/recruit Steve Threet? Only time will tell.

The 50% number would mean that Michigan is leading and I do not believe that...yet. I would guess its closer to...

Michigan 40%
Ohio St 40%
Oregon 20%

We shall see what happens.

Also, huge commitments coming today from Arthur Brown and Chris Harper today from Wichita, KS. I have been saying Brown to USC but rumors are swirling about North Carolina.

2 comments:

Matt said...

"Timmy Teabags"? Jealous much?

Braden Gall said...

Haha! Nah, it just rolls off the toungue don't you think? Who won the SEC East again? Hey, when you work in radio you need nicknames and I got them for everyone in the SEC.